David Bloor 1836 - 1907
Birth: 21 June 1836 Ilkeston DBY ENG
- Baptism: 29 JUN 1837 Wesleyan Methodist, Ilkeston, Derby, England
- Father: WILLIAM BLOOR, of ILkeston, Nail maker
- Mother: PRISCILLA DAYKIN, Daughter of Joseph and Ann Daykin
- Baptism gives both birth and baptism date
- Source: Wesleyan Circuit register, viewed on microfilm by Janet Diane Preece
Death: Dec 1907 Beeston NTT ENG
- Notes: Buried 12th December 1907 at Beeston Cemetery at a cost of 8/6d. In the same grave is Mary Ann Bloor (Mary Ann Shelton) and John Shelton.
Father: William Bloor
Mother: Priscilla Daykin
Siblings:More details of this family
Wife: Mary Ann Shelton
Marriage: 24 Jun 1860 Attenborough Notts
- 24 Jun 1860, Attenborough, Notts
- Marriage fact: Beeston, Nottingham
- Marriage Ending Status: Death of one spouse
- NOTE Fische No 15/23 page 60 no.119 24th June 1860 David Bloor "of full age" Batchelor Sinker maker of Chilwell His father - William Bloor needle maker Married Mary Ann Shelton aged 20 Spinster of Chilwell Her father - John Shelton labourer Witnessess - Benjamin Shelton and Emma Shelton Both David and Mary signed their own names.
Children:More details of this family
Elsie Bloor remembered a smart man in darkclothes who wore a dark cloak. He had a twinkle in his eye, though and a sweetie in his waistcoat pocket, for the children.
- Occupation: Sinkermaker or guide maker
He is listed in the 1901 census as living with his son William Arthur Bloor at Styring Street, Beeston. His occupation is still 'sinker maker' his marital status 'widowed' his employment status is given as 'employer' (rather than 'worker').
Address: 67 Wollaton Road, Beeston, Nottinghamshire
- 1861 - 1891 censuses - see Family page
- With parents in 1851 census.
- 1896-7 Trade directory: Guide Makers: Bloor, David : William Street, Wollaton Road.